- American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Roadmap for Patient and Family Engagement in Healthcare (see also Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Center for Advancing Health
- Consumers Advancing Patient Safety (CAPS)
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Health Research and Educational Trust (HRET)
- Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Person and Family-centered Care
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF)
- National Quality Forum
- Patient Empowerment Network: Patient Family Advisory Councils
- Patient and Family Centered Care Partners
- Pioneer Network for Long-term Care
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Aligning Forces for Quality (this site may no longer up-to-date but has tools of interest)
- American Health Care Association
- American Hospital Association
- Patient and Family Engagement Resource Compendium 2015 (see page 8 for assessments)
- Minnesota Hospital Association
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- AHRQ website: Help your patients engage in their healthcare
- AHRQ “Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Quality and Safety”
- AHRQ Guide to Patient and Family Engagement: Final Environmental Scan Report
- AHRQ Innovation Exchange: Providing Patient and Family-Centered Care Video Series
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS)
- National Partnership for Patients: Patient and Family Engagement (CMS)
- Person and Family Engagement Plan (Final) https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/QualityInitiativesGenInfo/Downloads/Person-and-Family-Engagement-Strategic-Plan-12-12-16.pdf
- Resources Listing
AHRQ report on the positive safety impact of Opennotes and patient access to medical records: Patient Access to Medical Notes in Primary Care: Improving Engagement and Safety
A BMJ article discussing how patient experience and safety are positively correlated: Association of inpatient hospital experience with patient safety indicators: a cross-sectional, Canadian study
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF)
- Lucian Leape “Safety is Personal” 2014. (see starting page 4)
- Blog post: “Empowering Patients as partners in health care.” 2014. Health Affairs Blog.
- National Agenda for Action: Patients and Families in Patient Safety, Nothing About Me, Without Me. 2003-2008. This report was developed by the National Patient Safety Foundation’s Patient and Family Advisory Council.
- Partnering with Patients and Families to Enhance Safety and Quality: A Mini Toolkit. Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care.
- Engaging Patients in Improving Ambulatory Care. 2013. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Partnering with Patients and Families to Design a Patient and Family-Centered Health Care System. 2008. Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care
- BMJ Study publication, “Patient and Family Engagement: a survey of US Hospitals”
- “Engaging Health Care Users: a Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities.” 2013. American Hospital Association.
- Fostering successful patient and family engagement: nursing’s critical role. 2013. Nursing Alliance for Quality Care.
- Long-term Care Improvement Guide. 2010. Picker Institute and Planetree.
Webinars and Presentations
Minnesota Hospital Association Community of Patient Partners Webinar Recordings
September 15, 2016 Kickoff: https://web.telspan.com/play/239mnhospitals/3397-9-15-2016-mha
October 20, 2016 Health Literacy: https://web.telspan.com/play/239mnhospitals/3524-10-20-16-pfe-health-literacy
December 15, 2106 Resilience: https://web.telspan.com/play/239mnhospitals/3785-mha-community-of-patient-partners-webinar-resilience-09-55-12-15-2016
January 19, 2017 Health Records: https://web.telspan.com/play/239mnhospitals/3868-1-19-17-pfe
- Safety is Personal: Partnering with Patients and Families for the Safest Care. 2014. National Patient Safety Foundation Lucian Leape Institute.
- “Current state of patient and family engagement strategies in American Hospitals” 2014. American Hospital Association.
- “A Leadership Resource for Patient and Family Engagement Strategies” May 2014. American Hospital Association.
- Engaging Health Care Users: a Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities. 2012. American Hospital Association.
- ESRD Toolkit: Patient and Family Engagement: AHRQ Toolkit (including award-winning video). 2014.